- 2018 Supergirl Pro Sound Session
July 28, 2018
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
CLICK ABOVE TO REGISTER FOR THE SUPER GIRL PRO SOUND SESSION
The Super Girl Pro Sound Session is an ALL FEMALE DJ Competition featuring DJs from around the globe. Our goal is to empower women of all ages, backgrounds, and stages of life who love to make music and get a crowd dancing!
The Super Girl Pro Sound Session Champion is a woman who can outperform most guys on their decks, and represents what they think empowers fellow female DJs. All eligible entries are judged by industry professionals and narrowed down to the Top 8 finalists.
The Top 8 female finalists will travel to Oceanside, CA and perform in a LIVE head to head battle in front of the Super Girl Surf Pro festival goers and Super Girl Pro Sound Session judges!!
SAMPLE OF ENTRIES
SUPER GIRL PRO SOUND SESSION RULES:
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Entry period begins at 9:00 am PST on June 8, 2018
- Submission deadline is Friday, July 6th, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST
- 8 Finalists will be notified on Wednesay, July 11th, 2018
- Live Contest Date in Oceanside, CA: July 28th, 2018
- The contest is open only to participants eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. To be eligible, participants must be able to provide a link to a video recording displaying DJ skills.
HOW IT WORKS:
- During the submission period, participants must visit the submission form and submit requested details to be considered for the event.
- Once the submission period ends, a panel of judges will select eight (8) finalists to compete live at the Supergirl Surf Pro event in Oceanside, CA on July 28th, 2018.
- The 8 finalists will battle head to head and narrowed down to one winner.
Only submissions that meet the Submissions Guidelines set forth below will be considered. In order to be eligible for this contest, your submission must not:
- Contain a sample or music or sound clip owned by another individual unless the required permissions have been obtained;
- Contain any false or misleading statements on the entry form or plagiarize, replicate, or copy any other entered Submission;
- Be sexually explicit, obscene, profane, or offensive;
- Be unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons of any kind (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- Promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Violate any law.
The Host of this promotion (Super Girl Pro) makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest. Host reserves the right to modify the criteria, dates, and guidelines of the Contest at any time.
Criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Overall performance (1/3)
- Quality of production (1/3)
- Quality of mixing style (1/3)
On or around July 6th, 2018, the eight (8) potential winners with the highest scores based on the Judging Criteria will be notified by the contact information provided on their entry form.
If a potential winner fails to comply with any of these Terms or is found to be ineligible or unqualified for any other reason or to have tampered or interfered with the voting process, the potential winner may be disqualified.
Each participant will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Waiver of Liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases”) within the time period specified by Sponsor. In addition, potential winners may be required to certify, on information or belief, that their Submission is their original creation and has not been (i) published or (ii) publicized and (iii) has not won another contest. If a potential winner fails to complete and return any required Releases within the specified time period, that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may be required to produce government-issued identification.
Check back for 2018 Prizing!
2017 Prizing Included:
There will be two (2) prizes awarded as part of this Contest.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner:
Grand prize winner will receive One (1) JLab Audio Flex Bluetooth Active Noise Canceling Headphones and a one (1) year endorsement deal with JLab Audio (including $100 of product per month from jlabaudio.com & more).
Eight (8) Finalists:
- Super Girl Pro Crasher Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- Flex Bluetooth Active Noise Canceling Headphones
- The chance to compete in front of a live audience at the Super Girl Surf Pro.
Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prizes. All travel related expenses for the Contest, including but not limited to, flights or other transportation to and from the Super Girl Pro event, lodging, food and beverage, taxes, insurance and incidentals are the sole responsibility of each Contest winner. Sponsor will supply turntables, CDJ players, and standard mixer for use during each winner’s live performance. Each winner is solely responsible for bringing any other equipment he or she may need to the live performance at the Super Girl Pro.
Each winner and his or her companion(s) agree that they will conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner; and, should they fail to do so, the prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against such winner.
Each winner agrees that he or she will render his or her performance in a professional manner. Each winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor if the winner is unable to perform due to cancellation, postponement or delay of the live event. In the event a participant is not able to or does not wish to perform, the Sponsor may at its sole discretion choose an alternate winner, or choose not to award the prize at all. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
CONTESTANTS WILL BRING THE FOLLOWING TO OCEANSIDE:
- Laptops and/or USB drive containing music for the DJ spinoff
- Headphones, adaptor, needles & slipmats
FINALIST LIVE PERFORMANCE JUDGED ON:
2. Technical Abilities
5. Timing (cuts/beats)
7. Audience Interaction
DJ Diamond, DJ Dopamine, and Antonio Aguilera
- All contestants are required to check in two hours before the contest begins. No transportation or travel will be provided.
- The top eight (8) contestants will be announced on July 6, 2018. They will be sent personal flyers to promote via social media. They will be invited to compete at the event in Oceanside, CA. Travel/accommodations will not be provided.
- At the event, the top eight (8) contestants will be allowed a 3-4 minute set during the quarterfinals where they will face off with another DJ. Four DJs will advance to the semi-final, two to the finals, and a winner will be selected.
- Sets will need to be in a “three-style” format and include music from three different genres.